Forever Curious Press is a small press that specializes in publishing high quality, adult non-fiction about unschooling and parenting for people curious to learn more about this unconventional lifestyle.
If you are interested in writing and self-publishing a book about unschooling, that’s wonderful! Pam would be happy to point you in the direction of solid information about that path. Feel free to get in touch.
Publishing is an intensive process and FCP is a small press, so we will likely only publish a handful of books each year. If you are an experienced unschooling parent and have written a book about unschooling that you would like to submit, please carefully read the following guidelines:
Submitting Your Proposal:
- ensure your book is a good fit: we do not publish children’s books, curriculum-related materials, health books, or religious books
- submit by email, with your submission attached in PDF or Word format, to email@example.com
- include contact information and any previous publication history of the manuscript, in any format
- include a synopsis or full outline of your book
- include three sample chapters, preferably including chapter one
- include a bio and information about your unschooling experience
- we will acknowledge receipt of your submission and give you a timeline for a reply
- we may choose not to publish the book
- we may ask for the full manuscript
- we may suggest additional material or topics for the book
If we choose to accept your submission, we will offer you a publishing contract detailing responsibilities, royalties, and copyright arrangements.
Please note that, as a small press, while our royalty rate is competitive, we will not offer an advance on royalties.